Accessibility Update: CART and ASL interpreters will be provided at Walk2Hear on Sunday, September 22nd!
Did you know that hearing loss is the number one disability among Canadians? In fact, one in five people are affected by hearing loss.
CHHA Vancouver Branch is a consumer-based, non-profit, self-help organization working with hard of hearing consumers and their support networks to decrease isolation and remove barriers to hearing loss by providing: supportive environments, education, resources, referrals, and advocacy. CHHA works cooperatively with professionals, service providers, government bodies, and provides information about hard of hearing issues and solutions.
Please help us raise funds for our activities and join us in our annual Walk2Hear to connect with each other and to enjoy a 2 km or a 5 km walk together. Following the walk, there will be a presentation and prizes will be awarded. CART and ASL interpreters will be provided. This is our Ninth Annual Walk2Hear!
Date of the Walk: Sunday, September 22, 2019
Location: Jericho Beach Park, East End. The meeting place is between 2nd Ave. & Wallace St.
Registration: Between 1:00 pm and 1:30 pm. We will also sell Walk2Hear T-shirts. Cash or cheque only.
The Walk begins at 1:30 pm.
Anyone of any age can register for only $10. Encourage all your family and friends to join you and register for the Walk2Hear. Persons wanting to register or sponsor a registered walker can just click on this link: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/canadian-hard-of-hearing-association-vancouver-branch/p2p/2019-walk-2-hear/
There will be a draw for the grand prize from the Air Canada Foundation for two Economy Class return tickets for travel to any Air Canada scheduled destination in North America (including Hawaii, Mexico, the Caribbean and select sun destinations). Travel must be completed one year from the date of the event and blackout periods apply. The approximate commercial value of the pair of tickets is $2,436. The Air Canada draw will be around 2:15 PM on Sept. 22 at the Walk.
For more information please contact the Walk2Hear organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
President, CHHA Vancouver
How to sign up for CHHA Vancouver Walk2Hear 2019
- Go to https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/canadian-hard-of-hearing-association-vancouver-branch/p2p/2019-walk-2-hear
- Click on the “Join as an Individual” button, which will take you to the “Join 2019 CHHA Vancouver Walk2Hear” form.
- Fill out all the required fields.
- After entering your email address in the first field, if you have a CanadaHelps account, you will be prompted to enter your password.
- If you do not have a CanadaHelps account, then you will see a box that will prompt you to create a password so that you can set up a CanadaHelps account.
- On page 2 of the form, pay your $10 registration fee by credit card.
- On page 3 of the form, create your personal fundraising page.
- Copy the given short URL of your fundraising page and share with your network. You can also modify your fundraising page by clicking on the tabs “Details”, “Images & Videos”, and “Donations.”
How to donate to a CHHA Vancouver Walk2Hear 2019 Participant
- Go to https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/canadian-hard-of-hearing-association-vancouver-branch/p2p/2019-walk-2-hear and find the participant’s fundraising page by:
- Clicking on “Find a Team or Person” and search for the participant’s name, OR
- Scrolling down the webpage to find the participant’s name under the list of fundraisers,
- Then click on the link to the participant’s fundraising page.
- Click on the “Donate to Me” button at the top of the participant’s fundraising page.
- Type the donation amount in the donation box. Add a message of support in the given text box if desired.
- Click on “Continue with My Donation” and fill out the information for payment and your tax receipt.
- Click on “Complete Donation Now”. Done!