Did you know that hearing loss is the number one disability among Canadians? In fact, one in five people are affected by hearing loss.
CHHA Vancouver Branch is a consumer-based, non-profit, self-help organization working with hard of hearing consumers and their support networks to decrease isolation and remove barriers to hearing loss by providing: supportive environments, education, resources, referrals, and advocacy. CHHA works cooperatively with professionals, service providers, government bodies, and provides information about hard of hearing issues and solutions.
Please help us raise funds for our activities and join us in our annual Walk2Hear to connect with each other and to enjoy a 2 km or a 5 km walk together. This is our Ninth Annual Walk2Hear!
Date of the Walk: Sunday, September 22, 2019
Location: Jericho Beach Park, East End. The meeting place is between 2nd Ave. & Wallace St.
Registration: Between 1:00 pm and 1:30 pm. The Walk begins at 1:30 pm.
Anyone of any age can register for only $10. Persons wanting to register or sponsor a registered walker can just click on this link: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/canadian-hard-of-hearing-association-vancouver-branch/p2p/2019-walk-2-hear/
For more information please contact the Walk2Hear organizers at email@example.com.
President, CHHA Vancouver
How to sign up for CHHA Vancouver Walk2Hear 2019
- Go to https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/canadian-hard-of-hearing-association-vancouver-branch/p2p/2019-walk-2-hear
- Click on the “Join as an Individual” button, which will take you to the “Join 2019 CHHA Vancouver Walk2Hear” form.
- Fill out all the required fields.
- After entering your email address in the first field, if you have a CanadaHelps account, you will be prompted to enter your password.
- If you do not have a CanadaHelps account, then you will see a box that will prompt you to create a password so that you can set up a CanadaHelps account.
- On page 2 of the form, pay your $10 registration fee by credit card.
- On page 3 of the form, create your personal fundraising page.
- Copy the given short URL of your fundraising page and share with your network. You can also modify your fundraising page by clicking on the tabs “Details”, “Images & Videos”, and “Donations.”
How to donate to a CHHA Vancouver Walk2Hear 2019 Participant
- Go to https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/canadian-hard-of-hearing-association-vancouver-branch/p2p/2019-walk-2-hear and find the participant’s fundraising page by:
- Clicking on “Find a Team or Person” and search for the participant’s name, OR
- Scrolling down the webpage to find the participant’s name under the list of fundraisers,
- Then click on the link to the participant’s fundraising page.
- Click on the “Donate to Me” button at the top of the participant’s fundraising page.
- Type the donation amount in the donation box. Add a message of support in the given text box if desired.
- Click on “Continue with My Donation” and fill out the information for payment and your tax receipt.
- Click on “Complete Donation Now”. Done!