We would like to make you aware of an upcoming event held by Western Institute for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Details below!
Join us for our Free Hearing Health Fair on Wednesday May 28th, 2014. Come on out to learn about hearing aids, wireless devices, communication strategies, and tinnitus.
Date: Wednesday, May 28th, 2014
Time: 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
Location: Holiday Inn – Vancouver Centre (711 W. Broadway)
1) Keynote Speaker: Gael Hannan, Hearing Loss Consultant and Advocate (www.gaelhannan.com ).
2) Communication Strategies: Dr. Lisa Dillon Edgett, Vancouver Community College Speech Reading Program and UBC School of Audiology and Speech Sciences
3) Update on New Hearing Aid Technology: Charles Fontaine, Audiologist and Manager, Willow Office, WIDHH
4) Wireless and Assistive Devices: Henry Lam, Audiologist and Clinical Supervisor, West 7th Office, WIDHH
5) Tinnitus and Treatment Options: Sandra Baker, Audiologist and Manager, Tri-cities Office, WIDHH.
Also free hearing screenings and an Exhibit Hall, featuring hearing aid manufacturers and services providers for the senior community. At the end of the fair, we will also hold a special Q&A Session as follow-up to the recent CHHA Forum on Cost of Hearing Aids.
Morning Coffee and Light Lunch provided.
Pre-registration encouraged. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with number of guests attending.
Fully hearing accessible (sign language interpreting, real-time captioning, assistive devices).
For more info, please email email@example.com. We hope to see you there!